Terms and Conditions
The Collecting Bug (TCB) provides a service for managing and publishing of collections.
In general terms, users of this site must:
- Respect and uphold copyright and intellectual property rights
- Comply with appropriate legal and community standards and interactions
- Not post or upload prohibited content
- Maintain the security and service of the TCB website
- Respect other users in their interactions
1. Content and Intellectual Property Rights
Publishing of Content
- Users are responsible for ensuring that they do not breach copyright in uploading material to TCB. By publishing any content on this site you confirm you hold the relevant rights and/or permissions, or the material is in the public domain.
- Ownership and copyright of user content remains with the copyright holder.
- For museums, libraries, archives, galleries and collecting organisations, certain exceptions are allowed without permission in the Australian copyright act. Further information can be found here and you can seek legal advice from the Australian Copyright Council.
- You indemnify TCB from any costs arising from legal proceedings, or the threat of legal proceedings made by a third party in respect of any matter, breach or violation of law arising from your use of the site or content posted by you.
- TCB takes no responsibility for monitoring or enforcing the copyright responsibilities of users.
- You will not post or publish material that is likely to be offensive or objectionable. This includes material that is unlawful, defamatory, obscene, abusive, sexually explicit, harmful, libellous, deceptive, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- Content published on this site includes a copyright licence. The default setting is “All rights reserved” unless the registered user uses a different setting (such as Creative Commons Licensing).
- If you wish to use published content outside the terms of this copyright licence, you must first obtain the consent of the copyright holder, unless your intended use is within the definition of permitted use in current copyright legislation.
- The content of the pages of this site and links to pages (URLs) are subject to change without notice.
- We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to accuracy or completeness of any information on this site.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you use available through this website is suitable for your requirements.
- Some content on this site may include views or recommendations that do not necessarily reflect the views of TCB.
2. General terms
- Good conduct is important. You will not harass, impersonate, defame or intimidate any TCB user.
- You will not do anything that may inhibit other users’ ability to use TCB, including (but not limited to) malicious code, or transmitting worms or viruses to the site, or anything that may interfere with, or disrupt the service or servers and network connected with TCB.
- You will not reproduce, harvest, copy or duplicate content from the site, unless expressly permitted by TCB.
- You will not attempt to bypass mechanisms intended to secure the privacy, integrity and security of the site.
- This website includes material owned or licensed by TCB. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, appearance and graphics. All this material is copyright and proprietary to TCB.
- All software on the website is proprietary to us or to third parties, and any unauthorised use, redistribution or reverse engineering is prohibited.
- TCB will not be liable in any way for any damages arising from your use of TCB
- While TCB prohibits various conduct and content on this site, you agree that TCB is not responsible for the content that is posted on this site, and that you use it at your own risk.
- Any commercial or unauthorised content may be removed without notice, and may result in termination of a user’s registration.
- If users choose to trade or sell with anyone through contacts made on the website, please be aware that TCB does not monitor these transactions, and they are undertaken at the sole risk of the users.
3. Links to and from TCB
- Links to third-party websites are provided for your convenience and further information. They do not signify we endorse the website, or warrant the accuracy of information contained in those links.
4. Limitations on content and service
- You will not post advertisements, contests and other items of a commercial nature unless prior approval has been obtained from TCB. You may, however, post items for sale or wanted using the Trading Post functionality in TCB.
- TCB does not guarantee the service will be uninterrupted, and the service is provided on an “As available” basis.
- TCB is provided on the basis of “fair use”, and may establish limits concerning use of the service, including frequency and size of uploads, and number of accounts opened.
- TCB reserves the right to modify and/or upgrade the site from time to time, without notice.
5. Removing Content & Closing Accounts
If, in our discretion, you have breached the intent of these TOU, then:
- TCB reserves the right to delete content that does not conform to these TOU.
- TCB may suspend or close your account
TCB may also suspend or close your account if:
- Your account has been inactive for more than 12 months.
- Your paid account is in arrears for over 30 days
- In these cases, TCB will attempt to notify you beforehand, but will not be liable in any way if it fails to do so.
TCB may remove or make private, content that is deemed to be test data after 30 days.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of this website is governed by the laws of Australia.
- “Us” or “we” - refers to TCB.
- “You” or “your” or “user” - refers to both visitors accessing the site and registered users. A registered user may be an individual or an organisation.
- “Content” - refers to text, files, images, photos, video, sounds or any other material created or uploaded by users.
- ‘Publish” - means making content public
- “Site” - means the TCB website, and all pages and collections on this website
- “Third party” - means anyone other than TCB and you, a visitor or registered user of this site
- “TCB” – means The Collecting Bug
8. Your consent
- By using this site, you consent to these TOU. If you do not agree with these TOU, then please do not use the site.
9. Copyright Claims
If you believe a work has been used in a way that infringes copyright, and you are the copyright holder, or authorised to act on the copyright holder’s behalf, please contact the registered user responsible for the record with details of:
- the content you claim is being infringed
- your name, email address and phone number
- a statement detailing the basis on which you are the copyright holder, or authorised to act on the copyright holder’s behalf.
You can do this by leaving a comment or private message to them with these details.
If you are not successful in contacting the registered user, then please pass on the relevant information to us here
- pass on these details to the registered user
- request the registered user contact you within 10 working days
If the registered user does not contact you within 10 working days, please let us know by email, and we will remove the disputed content from public display on TCB until the matter is resolved.
10. Comments & Questions
Thanks for reading our Terms & Conditions. If you have any concerns, comments or questions, please contact us
, and we will do our best to address any issue.
We may update these TOU from time to time. Any changes will be posted on this page, including updating the TOU modification date below. Any amendments take effect from the time of posting.