Historical Details
The Clocktower at Scarborough Beach marks the 150th Anniversary of the foundation of the state of Western Australia and the 75th Anniversary of the founding of Rotary International.
Dates
1979
Latest Year
1979
Accession ID
P2015.75
Dates
1952
Latest Year
1952
Accession ID
P2015.264
Historical Details
Scarborough library was the first public library to be opened in the Perth Road Board District. The official opening was on 11th of December 1958, under the senior librarian Cecil Florey.
Dates
1958
Latest Year
1958
Accession ID
P2015.265
Dates
c1930
Latest Year
1935
Accession ID
P2015.260
Dates
1910
Latest Year
1910
Accession ID
P2015.28
Dates
C1935
Latest Year
1940
Accession ID
P2015.37
Dates
28 January 1934
Latest Year
1934
Accession ID
P2015.38
Dates
December 1934
Latest Year
1934
Accession ID
P2015.47
Historical Details
The Scarborough Hotel was built in 1939 by John Stoneman. It was one of the finest hotels in the metropolitan area during it\'s heyday. The hotel was officially closed down on the 20th of October 1985, and demolished in the very same year. An apartment building called Observation Rise now stands in on the old hotel site.
Dates
1939 - 1985
Latest Year
1985
Accession ID
P2015.73
Dates
1995
Latest Year
1995
Accession ID
P2015.72
Dates
1965
Latest Year
1965
Accession ID
P2015.119
Historical Details
Scarborough library was the first public library to be opened in the Perth Road Board District. The official open was on 11th of December, 1958 under the senior librarian Cecil Florey. It was later Moved from that building to the current Scarborough library. The City now comprises of six libraries in various convenient locations across the City: Dianella, Inglewood, Karrinyup, Mirrabooka, Osborne and Scarborough
Dates
1994
Latest Year
1994
Accession ID
P2015.400
Dates
1965
Latest Year
1965
Accession ID
P2015.133
Dates
c1980
Latest Year
1985
Accession ID
P2015.177
Accession ID
P2015.195
Accession ID
P2015.196
Accession ID
P2015.197
Accession ID
P2015.193
Accession ID
P2015.194
Dates
C1920
Latest Year
1925
Accession ID
P2015.39
Accession ID
P2015.40
Dates
c1930
Latest Year
1935
Accession ID
P2015.357
Historical Details
Luna Park was located on the corner of Scarborough Beach Road and West Coast Highway (now Luna shopping centre). Luna Park was built in the latter part of 1939 reaching completion in time for summer. Due the first few years of it being opened it was only running during the summer and closed during winter but in 1943 it become opened all year round. During World War II it was closed down at night due to the wartime blackout regulations.

The monkey\'s head and mouth that was featured on the main entrance of the park was damaged in the late 1950\'s by a cyclone, and was later dismantled for publiuc safety reasons.

The park was demolished in 1972 to make way for a shopping complex.
Dates
c1950
Latest Year
1955
Accession ID
P2015.361
Dates
1958
Latest Year
1958
Accession ID
P2015.368
Historical Details
The Snakepit was on the corner of Manning Street and the Esplanade in Scarborough. In 1953 Don and Rosina Errichette bought the small kiosk from Bill Williams. There was an undeveloped sand patch in the corner of the block so in 1955\/56 the couple built a retaining wall and dance floor. The snakepit soon became the place for rock music and the jive, with thousands of people visiting during the summer months. In 1959 the Errichette\'s moved and leased out the business including the milk bar next door.

In 1969 the Snakepit closed down.
Dates
c1960
Latest Year
1965
Accession ID
P2015.363
Accession ID
P2015.364
Dates
c1955
Latest Year
1960
Accession ID
P2015.370
Dates
c1958
Latest Year
1963
Accession ID
P2015.372
Historical Details
The Snakepit was on the corner of Manning Street and the Esplanade in Scarborough. In 1953 Don and Rosina Errichette bought the small kiosk from Bill Williams. There was an undeveloped sand patch in the corner of the block so in 1955\/56 the couple built a retaining wall and dance floor. The snakepit soon became the place for rock music and the jive, with thousands of people visiting during the summer months. In 1959 the Errichette\'s moved and leased out the business including the milk bar next door.

In 1969 the Snakepit closed down.
Dates
c1958
Latest Year
1963
Accession ID
P2015.369
Historical Details
The Snakepit was on the corner of Manning Street and the Esplanade in Scarborough. In 1953 Don and Rosina Errichette bought the small kiosk from Bill Williams. There was an undeveloped sand patch in the corner of the block so in 1955\/56 the couple built a retaining wall and dance floor. The snakepit soon became the place for rock music and the jive, with thousands of people visiting during the summer months. In 1959 the Errichette\'s moved and leased out the business including the milk bar next door.

In 1969 the Snakepit closed down.
Accession ID
P2015.374
Accession ID
P2015.375
Dates
c1960
Latest Year
1965
Accession ID
P2015.376
Accession ID
P2015.388
Historical Details
The Scarborough hotel was built in 1939 by John Stoneman and designed by the architect Mr W.G. Bennett . It was one of the finest hotels in the metropolitan area during it\'s heyday. The hotel was officially closed down on the 20th of October, 1985 and demolished in the very same year. An apartment building called Observation Rise now stands in on the old hotel site.
Accession ID
P2015.373
Dates
1994
Latest Year
1994
Accession ID
P2015.396
Dates
1960
Latest Year
1960
Accession ID
P2016.546
Dates
1960
Latest Year
1960
Accession ID
P2016.545
Historical Details
The Scarborough Bus Company started in 1927, and was owned by Harold Millett, a motor mechanic. By 1932\/33, there were four buses daily to Scarborough during the week and, on the weekends there was a holf hour service from 9.30am - 3.30pm, including public holidays. In 1948 his fleet included six semi trailer buses which carried up to 104 passengers. In 1962 the Scarborough Bus Company was taken over by the MTT (Metropolitan Transport Trust).
Dates
1958
Latest Year
1958
Accession ID
CH2016.106
Accession ID
CH2016.105
Dates
c1955
Latest Year
1955
Accession ID
CH2016.104
Dates
1951
Latest Year
1951
Accession ID
CH2016.103
Dates
c1935
Latest Year
1940
Accession ID
P2015.23
Dates
1934
Latest Year
1934
Accession ID
P2015.41