Comments
A plated silver two- handle cup with cover comprising a finial depicting the silver figure of a male golfer rising from a two tier circular wood base embellished with engraved silver shields.
Dimensions
63cm.
Competition
36 Holes Stroke with leading four to qualify for Matchplay.
Eligibility
Male Members with 7 days playing rights.
History
The Catanach Cup was first played for in 1928.
Bill Catanach was President in the early days, 1926 to 1930, a period of great difficulty during the stages of rebuilding the Club House following the fire in the original building.
Links
Comments
A plated silver two-handle cup on a stepped circular foot rising from a hexagon base embellished with six silver engraving plates.
Dimensions
25cm.
Competition
Three best gross scores over 6 rounds.
Run concurrently with the Margaret Robertson Trophy.
(Trophy donated by Margaret Robertson Trust)
Eligibility
Open to all lady members with handicaps: Scratch – 25 at time of entry.
History
The Helen Ampt Cup was first played for in 1935.
Helen Ampt was President 1940-1941.
Comments
A sterling silver rococo style two-handle cup rising from a circular stepped foot mounted on a two tier turned wood base embellished with circular silver engraving bands.
Dimensions
24.5cm.
Competition
Two qualifying rounds, 8 players to qualify for Handicap Matchplay.
Eligibility
Open to all members: Scratch – 45.
History
The Colombie Cup was first played for in 1928.
Presented to the Woodlands Golf Club Associates by Mrs. H.G.Colombie.
Mrs. Colombie was Captain 1928-1929.
President 1930-1937.
Comments
A pair of trophy shields comprising an engraved centrally mounted copper plaque on a native timber board.
At the head of the board is a copper scroll with the inscription Alice Lording Shield on the bottom of the shield board is an inscribed circular copper disc.
Competition
The Alice Lording Shield was originally a Foursomes Handicap Matchplay Event.
The Event was changed in 1968 to a 4BBB Matchplay Competition.
Four Ball Matchplay Knockout.
History
The Alice Lording Shield was first played for in 1936.
The Alice Shield was presented by Woodlands Golf Club Associates in appreciation of Mrs. Lording’s long and valued service to the Club.
Mrs. Lording was on the Ladies Council for a total of 18 years from 1927 to 1941 and 1945 to 1947.
Alice Lording was the Treasurer for ten years.
Comments
A plated silver two-handle silver Rose Bowl the rim of the bowl embellished with an applied grape and vine leaf motif on a circular foot rising from a circular wood base with a silver engraving band.
Dimensions
25cm.
History
The Associates Challenge Bowl was first played for in 1951.
Won by Woodlands Golf Club in 1966, 1990 and 1992.
The Associates Challenge Bowl was presented by Mrs.G.V.Clarke.
Comments
A plated silver two-handle cup with cover the centre of the cup comprising an oval-shaped cartouche depicting the figure of a male golfer surrounded with laurel leaves rising from a two tier circular wood base embellished with engraved silver shields.
Dimensions
60cm.
Competition
Foursomes – 18 Hole Stroke. Leading 4 to qualify for Matchplay
Eligibility
Male members with 7 days playing rights.
History
The Gresson Cup was first played for in 1928.
Les Gresson was Captain of the Club from 1925 to 1930, a period and was made a Life Member in 1930. He will be remembered for his foresight in visiting Swift’s Creek when he heard there was a liquor licence available.
He promptly made a deposit of 25 pounds to procure the licence for Woodlands Golf Club.
Concurrent Trophy – Gaskell Trophy for the best Nett Score.
Comments
A plated silver Rose Bowl with mesh cover the upper rim of the bowl embellished with an applied grape and vine leaf motif with two Lion Head ring handles on a circular foot decorated with grape and vine leaves rising from a circular wood base with a silver engraving band.
Dimensions
23cm.
Competition
36 Holes Stableford – Leading 4 to qualify for Matchplay.
Eligibility
Male members with 7 day playing rights.
History
The Prendergast Trophy was first played for in 1968.
E.P. ‘Ted’ Prendergast was a former President of the Club and was the first member to become President of the VGA and also Chairman of the AGU.
He was a Life Member of the Club and was on the Inaugural Committee for the Eisenhower Cup.
The Prendergast Trophy was formerly called the Autumn Cup.
Comments
A plated silver two-handle cup with cover the centre of the cup comprising an engraving inside a cartouche surrounded with laurel leaves and rising from a circular four tier wood base embellished with engraved silver shields.
Dimensions
57cm.
Competition
18 Holes Mixed Foursomes Stroke. Concurrent Trophy: Best Nett Score
Eligibility
All members with 6 and 7 day playing rights.
History
The Stilwell Cup was first played for in 1928.
J.Stilwell devoted much of his time to booking sheets, facilitating the smooth working of weekend golf and introduced the Mixed Foursomes event in 1928, for which he donated the Cup.
He was a noted cross-country runner for several years.
Golf is followed by the End of Month Dinner.